Before you can come in and taste the real deal, get excited with our easy DIY recipe for how to make red wine sangria at home.
RED WINE SANGRIA
Preparation: 6-7 mins
What You Need
Prior to starting your checklist, it's essential to remember that a high quality red wine makes all the difference. For sangria to taste good, carefully select your red wine. We recommend a Spanish Rioja or Shiraz.
- 4x Orange
- 2x Lemon
- 1x Apple (unpeeled, without a core and diced)
- 1x Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2x Jug
- 8x Tall Glasses
- 750ml Red Wine Bottle
- 750ml Soft Drink Bottle (either lemonade, soda water or ginger ale)
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 1/4 Cup Caster Sugar
- A Large Bowl
- Cut 1 orange and 1 lemon into thin slices.
- Then with each slice, cut these into small wedges and place them all into your large bowl.
- Add apple and cinnamon to your bowl, then pour brandy over the fruit.
- Stir the mixture well to combine all of your ingredients.
- Cover your bowl and leave it to refrigerate overnight. A minimum of 4 hours is preferred; keeping in mind the softer and sweeter it is, the more you'll enjoy it - just don't taste test before it's ready!
- Juice your leftover oranges and lemon.
- Mix 1 1/2 Cups of your fine red wine with 1 1/2 tablespoons of caster sugar, 1 1/2 cups of soft drink, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice all into a jug.
- Add half of your apple mixture to this jug, and stir to combine the ingredients.
- Repeat this method with the remaining ingredients using your second jug.
- Prepare your 8 tall glasses, spoon crush ice into each and pour your sangria on top.
And now, you're ready to party!
Feeling thirsty? For a glimpse into the underway beauty of El Patio de Cuba, check out The Cuban Bar & Lounge Dining to see what it's all about.