This document explains how the Precision Group manages Personal Information.
Precision Group refers to the Precision Group of Companies Pty Ltd and its related companies. These companies include:
- 144 Edward Pty Limited;
- Adelaide Central Plaza Pty Limited;
- Chevron Renaissance Asia Pacific Shopping Centre Pty Limited;
- Macarthur Central Shopping Centre Pty Limited;
- Metro Chatswood Pty Limited;
- Pran Central Shopping Centre Pty Limited;
- Port Canal Shopping Centre Pty Limited; and
- White Horse Hotel Freehold Pty Limited.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified (or reasonably identifiable) individual.
Kinds of Personal Information we collect and hold
Precision Group collects Personal Information from people we deal with, and from people who are interested in our products and services. These people include our tenants, suppliers, customers, contractors, agents, job applicants and consultants.
We only collect Personal Information to the extent relevant to, and necessary for, our dealing with the person whose Personal Information we collect. For instance, we need to collect more Personal Information about our tenants than about the customers of our centres.
The Personal Information we may collect includes:
- name, date of birth, address and contact details;
- financial information and credit worthiness;
- information to verify identity such as driver’s licence or passport details;
- tax file numbers;
- information regarding product preferences and opinions;
- property ownership information;
- demographic information;
- job application information;
- employment information;
- survey responses;
- competition entries;
- enquiry/complaint details;
- information relating to incidents connected to our business such as personal injuries, misconduct, breach of conditions or unlawful activity; and
- information about how you interact with us.
How we collect and hold Personal Information
Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from:
- tenancy application forms;
- job application forms;
- supplier/contractor application forms;
- your participation in surveys and questionnaires;
- your subscription to our email service;
- your access to our website, email, social media, mobile applications, telephone or other communications with us;
- you access to our wi-fi in our centres; and
- visual recording devices in our centres.
Our policy is to collect Personal Information directly from you. However in some cases (for instance, in relation to applications for tenancies in our centres), we also collect Personal Information from third parties such as referees, credit agencies and banks.
Storage of Personal Information
We hold Personal Information securely. This may be in physical files, in our computer system, or in a database.
Appropriate physical and electronic security technology is deployed.
Personal Information is only available to our staff on a “need to know” basis.
Our security protocols are designed to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure, and from misuse, interference or loss.
Purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose Personal Information.
We use Personal Information for the purpose for which it was obtained. For instance, if Personal Information is obtained in connection with an application for a tenancy, we use Personal Information to assess your suitability as a tenant, and your ability to perform your obligations.
We may also use Personal Information for purposes such as:
- market information about our retailers, products and services in which you are interested;
- for research into our customers and retailing trends;
- when we suspect fraud or other illegal activity; and
- to assess security and incidents in our centres.
We do not disclose Personal Information unless:
- you consent;
- it is required or authorised by law;
- it is to our consultants (who undertake an obligation of confidentiality) to carry out the functions described above; or
- disclosure is likely to diminish a serious and imminent risk to health or safety.
Accessing Personal Information
We will give you access to your Personal Information held by us within a reasonable time after you request it. We are entitled to charge a reasonable administrative fee for providing access. We will correct your Personal Information when you provide us with details of any error.
It is unlikely that we would disclose your Personal Information to an overseas recipient.
If we transfer Personal Information across borders (e.g. in routing or storing information on cloud servers located overseas), we will ensure that adequate security measures are adopted to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
If you think we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles you may complain to our Privacy Officer to the mail or email address below:
The Privacy Officer: Precision Group of Companies, Level 25, 9 Castlereagh Street, SYDNEY NSW 2000
The Privacy Officer: PrivacyMatters@precision.com.au
1. Free Wi-Fi conditions of use
Access to the Chevron Renaissance free Wi-Fi network is provided on the following conditions.
- By using the network, you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
- Our Wi-Fi network is provided as an amenity not as a right. If you are not prepared to accept these conditions, we suggest you use your own carrier and do not log on to our network.
You can access our Wi-Fi network on your wireless-enabled device and by accepting these conditions.
We will not charge a fee for use of the Wi-Fi network while you:
- access the internet from a personal device within our Centre; and
- use the Wi-Fi network in accordance with these conditions.
We do not guarantee that access to our W-iFi network will be continuous, fault-free or secure.
The network is not designed to support a business application or users who require fault-free connectivity and uninterrupted data flow.
4. Security Risk
We do not guarantee the security of your data. By connecting to the internet on our Wi-Fi network you assume the risk:
- that you may lose an email or download;
- of hacking, viruses, trojan horses or other similar hazards;
- of your passwords or other confidential data being hijacked.
5. Conditions of use
5.1 You must not use our Wi-Fi network for:
- transmission of:
- viruses, worms or other similar malevolent purpose;
- confidential information or personal data to which you are not entitled; and
- data-heavy content that may overload our system.
- an illegal or anti-social purpose;
5.2 We reserve the right to:
- remove your network coverage if we think you breach these conditions; and
- block access to any network protocols as we see fit.
6. Limitation of liability
Except for warranties implied by law we make no warranty as to the availability, security, stability or reliability of our Wi-Fi network.
We are not liable for:
- the security risks assumed by access to the internet over our Wi-Fi network, including those risks expressly outlined at point 4; and
- any indirect or consequential loss suffered as a result of your use of our Wi-Fi network.
7. Personal Information
If you choose to log on to our Wi-Fi network, you will provide us with personal information which may include:
- your name and email address;
- other personal information publicly available on your facebook profile (which may include your facebook ID, date of birth, name, gender, age, location etc); or
- the MAC address of your wireless-enabled device (which includes device location and movement data).