We love where we live and work. So from some true blue locals, this we can promise you... beautiful long stretches of beach with patrolled swimming areas regularly dotted along the coastline; A climate that is generally very favourable to enjoying the great outdoors; and plenty of things to do for families.
Here is our top 10 family friendly things to do around Surfers Paradise:
- A day (or more) swimming at the beach, with icecreams, burgers, suntan lotion and beach games! You can check beach and weather conditions here. Remember bring hats, bathers, and plenty of sunscreen.
- Discover Gold Coast theme parks and attractions. You are in the theme park capital of Australia, so get yourself to a tour desk and get into some action. Sea World, Movieworld, Wet ‘n’ Wild, Infinity Attraction, Dracula’s Haunted House, Fleay’s Wildlife Park, Currumbin Sanctuary, Paradise Country, and this list is not complete! iVenture tour desk will be open at Chevron Renaissance soon to organise all your tickets.
- Cycle the Federation Walk. This beautiful walkway will take you through some of the Gold Coast’s most pristine beachscapes. There is a cafe at the Seaway (the northern end) - perfect for Lunch.
- Treat yourself to a pamper session at one of the Gold Coast’s luxury day spas. Endota Spa is located here at Chevron Renaissance and open 7 days. This is compulsory for all mums!
- There are plenty of great shows around town. Check out what’s on at Gold Coast Arts Centre, Jupiters Casino, or some of the smaller theatres such as Spotlight Theatre. During the school holidays Spotlight Theatre normally have a pantomime running which is great fun for kids and adults alike. Queensland Theatre of Puppetry are also a great group to keep an eye on for upcoming shows.
- The Gold Coast has some fantastic parks and playgrounds great for the kids to stretch their legs. Gold Coast Botanical Gardens are located in Benowa and have paths and walkways perfect for scooters or bike riding. Closer to Surfers Paradise, the parklands at Cascade Gardens are lovely to wander around. There is a comprehensive list of parks available on Gold Coast City Council’s website.
- A little known museum, The Gold Coast Hinterland Heritage Museum located in Bundall and open on Sundays, explores some of the region’s history and is well worth a peek.
- Take a drive to our beautiful hinterland and walk among the trees. Several locations are worthy of an all day outing - Binna Burra, O-Reilly’s and Tamborine Mountain are favourites amongst locals.
- Treat yourself to a dining destination - it’s lovely to be away from home and let someone else do the cooking for you! There are many places to eat around Surfers Paradise, and the Gold Coast at large, but, well, we know we are biased but we don’t think you can go past the wonderful assortment of culinary experiences available at Chevron Renaissance. Modern italian at Baritalia, Cuban flavours at El Patio de Cuba, Greek delights at Levendis, authentic Italian at Sardjiono’s, plus more!
- One of our favourite family things to do is to grab some burgers from Betty’s Burgers, and head down to the beach at Sunset. It’s the perfect end to a day. Happy smiling faces, no stressing out about children making mess or noise, and the beautiful ocean stretching out to the horizon! Perfection!