This year will have thrown most of us curve balls at some point… nobody gets through an entire 12 months without the odd hickup or two. Did you defy the odds, come out unscathed or are you feeling a bit rough around the edges? That’s what holidays are for. A time to nurture your soul, replenish your sense of self and gain the strength to face 2017. We love celebrating all the little traditions that make this time of year special. One of them is watching the New Year’s Eve fireworks off Surfers Paradise beach. Those fragile short-lived sparks in the sky are so impressive and made of nothing you can hold or keep. Love that.
December has definitely pounced upon us and Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre has decorations up and shops are getting ready for the annual Boxing Day rush! It’s hard not to get swept up in Christmas fever, but we are happy to report our centre still has a lovely relaxed atmosphere, perfect for enjoying a smooth coffee or a leisurely lunch on a sunny day.
That being said, it has been a busy month for us.
- We survived schoolies without incident. Yay! They kept Infinity Attraction super busy during their stay in Surfers Paradise. Obviously School leavers are not tooooo old to have a heaps of great fun! ;-)
- i-toursntix has opened and is offering a cost effective tour booking service for visitors and locals alike.
- What fun! AniMalls has returned to the centre for the next month or so. We never tire of seeing these cute creatures rolling around! And the smiles they generate.
- Como Kids have moved premises and are now comfortably located in their new shop which looks amazing. This store stocks a wealth of children’s labels. If you need your mini-me looking smokin’ then this is definitely the store for you!
- Temptations Pyjamas has opened as well. Selling flirtatious and totally comfortable sleepwear made in Colombia, this affordable range of apparel is flying out the door! Get in there quick! PJs are a perfect gift for Christmas.
- Barefoot Blonde has opened near Landsdowne Road Tavern. Stocking super affordable boho fashion, you’re going to love it!
- We await the imminent opening of Cold Rock Ice Creamery! We’re so excited! They hope to be open within days. Perfect for a sweltering summer by the beach.
- Santa is visiting the centre daily from until the 24th of December. His sack is full of little gifts for the children he sees along his walks! We endeavour to deliver a Santa experience which is positive and relaxed for children and hope parents bring their kids to say ‘Hi’! Feel free to take your own photos too.
- Have you seen our 12 days of Christmas competition? It’s been a blur of great prizes and there are more still to come! Entry is as easy as nominating a friend on Facebook or Instagram. Prizes are being drawn daily, so hop in and give it a go!
- Be sure to keep an eye out for our centre opening times over the Christmas break. We’re finalising details currently and will notify you of opening hours on all our communication channels.
Phew! That’s our December wrap up! Now go get those mince pies crisped up and some clean carrots for the Reindeer. Merry Christmas everybody!